Admission and Non Discrimination Policy
Student Admission Policy
1. No student shall be denied admission on the grounds of race, color, national origin, or sex.
2. The purpose of the school is to provide daily instruction based on the Word of God, which is consistently defined in the Belgic Confession of Faith, the Heidelberg Catechism, and the Canons of Dordt. We must ‘train up a child in the way he should go” for the Lord has promised that “when he is old, he will not depart from it” (Proverbs 22:6). It is therefore necessary that the principles and values taught in the home, church, and school be uniform and consistent; that all students admitted come from homes where the parents or guardians are faithful members of a protestant church; and that they espouse a lifestyle similar to the one promoted by the Netherlands Reformed denomination.
3. Parents who enroll their children must espouse a lifestyle that is governed by God’s Word, even when the prevailing opinion and practice are contrary to it. It is therefore necessary that children are taught in church, home and school according to Biblical standards as they relate to various practical issues such as television, professional sports, Sabbath activity, family values, etc.
4. Parents should be encouraged to enroll all their children of school age in our school. Admission should be denied if parents only desire to enroll a child who has a problem, or if they wish to avoid undesirable circumstances in other schools.
5. The School Board reserves the right to decide that no further applications can be accepted if it deems that additional enrollment would result in undesirable class size or exceed the NRCS “cap” limitations.
6. The Admissions Committee consist of the Principal, School Board President, and Chairman of the Education Committee.
The Netherlands Reformed Christian School admits students of any race, color, national and ethic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.